Recipe by Whisper
This delicious side dish is a real change of pace. The rice soaks up the juice from the apples and becomes plump and sweet. Leftovers can be used for breakfast, hot or cold, served with a dollop of yogurt. Recipe from the cookbook Lean and Luscious and Meatless.
Top Review by Rainbow*Bubbles
This recipe is amazing! I halved it and made it for breakfast for my family, everyone loved it! It's really nice and healthy with both fruit and wholegrains :). Thanks for a great recipe!
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 3 small sweet apples, peeled and coarsely shredded
- 1⁄3 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄16 teaspoon ground nutmeg