- 3 cups chopped rhubarb, fresh or frozen
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, add rhubarb, apples, egg, sugar, syrup, nutmeg, and cinnamon; stir to mix.
- Pour mixture into a 2-quart greased casserole dish.
- In a bowl, add flour, brown sugar, and salt; stir to mix.
- With a pastry blender, cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over fruit mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes or until bubbly.