Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is wonderful with fresh rhubarb.
Make and share this Apple Rhubarb Crumble recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups chopped rhubarb, fresh or frozen
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- In a mixing bowl, add rhubarb, apples, egg, sugar, syrup, nutmeg, and cinnamon; stir to mix.
- Pour mixture into a 2-quart greased casserole dish.
- In a bowl, add flour, brown sugar, and salt; stir to mix.
- With a pastry blender, cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over fruit mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes or until bubbly.
Another 5 star rating and well deserved! We made this exactly as per recipe with fresh green rhubarb cut 1/2hr earlier from our garden. No doubt it will be made again.
Loved the maple syrup and always have apples on hand when its rhubarb time.
Made this recipe last weekend... YUMMMMMMYYYY! It helps that we have our own sugary so I was able to use syrup that I had already made this past season. I am used to the rhubarb / strawberry version of this so the apple was a nice change. I made extra to take to work and it was GONE in no time! Thanks for your recipe.