Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I love most fruit crisps. I came up with this recipe when I did not have enough of each to make a recipe. I have a recipe for cinnamon ice cream that would be fabulous with this. Have not tried that as of yet.
- 3 cups peeled chopped Granny Smith apples
- 3 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter
- whipped cream (optional) or ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine chopped apples and rhubarb in large bowl.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over fruit and stir to coat.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup white sugar over fruit and stir to coat.
- Butter an 11 x 7 inch baking dish.
- Place fruit mixture in prepared dish.
- In separate bowl, combine quick cooking oats, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon till combined.
- Cut in cold butter till mixture is crumbly.
- Place dry mixture evenly over fruit.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or till fruit is tender and crust is golden brown.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
I made this with Jazz Apples and two packets of apple cinnamon instant oatmeal. We ate with vanilla ice cream. Super yummy!
I doubled the recipe so used a 9x13 inch dish. We just love crisps and this one was very tasty. Thanks for a really tasty treat.