Recipe by Dienia B.
very out recipe from crystal sugar used paraffin wax lol raisins and nuts always check ball book ,they did things differently back in the day can probably seal with lids may need water bath
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 5 cups apples, tart red cored chopped dont peel
- 5 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package pectin
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3 drops red food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- add water lemon juice and raisins.
- add apples.
- stir in box pectin
- bring to a boil over high heat.
- stirring constantly
- add sugar
- heating to full bubbling boil.
- boil hard 1 minute stirring constantly
- add walnuts
- add food coloring
- remove from heat alternately skim and stir 5 minutes
- ladle into scalded containers seal with melted wax.