Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 4 granny smith apples, peeled,cored and coarsely chopped
- 4 fresh red chilies or 4 hydrated dried chilies, diced
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh marjoram
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pine nuts (optional)
- To prepare the chutney, place apples and chilies in a heavy saucepan with sugar, vinegar, garlic and water.
- Bring to boiling over medium heat, lower the heat, partially cover the pan and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
- Stir in marjoram and add pine nuts.
- Allow to cool, then refrigerate.
- Use within a few days.