1 hr 20 mins
I created the recipe because I found a spot in the woods while camping where delicious, wild raspberries were growing. I came home and picked apples off our tree and decided to put them together since I had never used raspberries in cooking before. WOW was that a great idea. The two combined creates a delicious pie that you and your family won't be able to resist.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 78.07 ml shortening
- 78.07 ml butter
- 473.18 ml flour
- 78.07 ml boiling water
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 1Crust first: Mix shortening, butter and flour.
- 2Add boiling water, salt and baking powder - mix well.
- 3Separate into 2 equal balls; place between 2 pieces of wax paper; roll, place in freezer (keep in freezer for about 15 minutes - cold pastry makes it easier to work with.).
- 4MEANWHILE -- WE'LL WORK ON THE FILLING.
- 5Lightly mix the cinnamon, sugar, and vanilla with the apples and raspberries.
- 6Line your pastry pan with one dough, and heap filling into it.
- 7Sprinkle the 1 tbsp of flour on top - do not mix inches
- 8Dot the filling with the 1 1/2 tbsp of butter.
- 9Cover with topping crust, make slits to allow steam to escape.
- 10Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- 11Serve hot with ice cream with your family!
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Raspberry Pie
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 425.0
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 34.7 mg
- Sodium 319.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: