1/1 Photo of Apple Raspberry Lattice Cake
TOOLBELT DIVA's Note:
Another gem from the shores of Georgian Bay, this recipe is the first place winner in the 2005, local contest, celebrating apple harvest time, and sponsored by the Meaford Express and the Town of Blue Mountains, Courier-Herald. This contest is an annual event, and entered recipes are featured in a cookbook produced by the sponsoring newspapers. Perfect for a "Pot Luck", or church social.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Base
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 dash salt
For the Topping
- 1For the base: Oven temperature, 325 deg. F.
- 2Soften butter (do not melt).
- 3Beat egg slightly and reserve a small amount for brushing the top of cake.
- 4Add remaining egg to butter.
- 5Add 2 tsp almond extract.
- 6Combine flour, sugar and salt; mix into butter mixture.
- 7Mix well and form into a ball.
- 8Reserve 1/3 for lattice work (topping); Chill slightly.
- 9Press out in greased and lightly floured 9" X 9" pan and push up the sides of the pan to create an edge.
- 10Spread out raspberry jam as the cake bottom layer.
- 11For the topping: Mix chopped apples, cinnamon, sugar and 1 tsp almond extract; heat slightly.
- 12Mix well and add to the raspberry covered cake base.
- 13Roll out remaining dough and cut into lattice strips.
- 14Place on top of mixture in a lattice pattern.
- 15Brush with reserved egg.
- 16Bake in preheated oven for 30 - 40 minutes.
- 17Cool and dust with sifted icing sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Raspberry Lattice Cake
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 610.8
- Calories from Fat 288
- Total Fat 32.0 g
- Saturated Fat 19.7 g
- Cholesterol 116.5 mg
- Sodium 265.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 36.8 g
- Protein 5.9 g