Recipe by Gram Drew
This delicious recipe came from Yankee Magazine. It calls for raspberry jam and fresh apples. Rich and buttery! Yum!!
Top Review by Iron Bloomers
Ok...waited as long as I could....this is fantastic...easy to make, the crust is rich yet light & the filling is sooo good...the addition of the raspberry is wonderful...this I will make often....ps..crust almost tastes like a sugar cookie. Excellant
- 2 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter (room temp)
- 2 eggs (also at room temp)
- 4 large apples
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, plus
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- sweetened whipped cream
- cinnamon sugar, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place oven rack in the center of the oven.
- Dough: Sift dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Add butter and eggs.
- Mix med.
- high speed for about a minute until dough forms a ball.
- Divide dough in two.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill 30+ minutes.
- Peel apples and cut into slices 1/4 in thick.
- Add 1/4 c sugar and lemon juice and stir.
- Take out out of plastic and press into a 10 in pie plate.
- Cover with apple mixture.
- Top apples with small dabs of jam.
- Remove remaining dough from plastic wrap and divide into 10 equal pieces and place on top of apples.
- (Dough will spread while cooking).
- Sprinkle with 1 tsp sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with whipped cream and/or cinnamon sugar.