Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This delicious recipe came from Yankee Magazine. It calls for raspberry jam and fresh apples. Rich and buttery! Yum!!
- 2 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter (room temp)
- 2 eggs (also at room temp)
- 4 large apples
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, plus
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- sweetened whipped cream
- cinnamon sugar, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place oven rack in the center of the oven.
- Dough: Sift dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Add butter and eggs.
- Mix med.
- high speed for about a minute until dough forms a ball.
- Divide dough in two.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill 30+ minutes.
- Peel apples and cut into slices 1/4 in thick.
- Add 1/4 c sugar and lemon juice and stir.
- Take out out of plastic and press into a 10 in pie plate.
- Cover with apple mixture.
- Top apples with small dabs of jam.
- Remove remaining dough from plastic wrap and divide into 10 equal pieces and place on top of apples.
- (Dough will spread while cooking).
- Sprinkle with 1 tsp sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with whipped cream and/or cinnamon sugar.
Ok...waited as long as I could....this is fantastic...easy to make, the crust is rich yet light & the filling is sooo good...the addition of the raspberry is wonderful...this I will make often....ps..crust almost tastes like a sugar cookie. Excellant