Recipe by Miss Erin C.
A great fall dessert
Top Review by Evie*
I used granny smith apples and the frozen berries I used were a mix of raspberries, boysenberries and blueberries. Not only did we have the cream but also some plain vanilla ice cream, yum!! We all loved this very tasty dessert, thanks for posting.
- 3 apples
- lemon, juice of
- 1 (10 ounce) bag frozen raspberries
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup butter, but in pieces
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375.
- Peel and core apples, cut into 8-10 slices.
- Arrange in a buttered shallow baking dish.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over them.
- Drain raspberries.
- Sprinkle raspberries over apples.
- Mix flour and sugar in a bowl, cut in butter with fingers until crumbly.
- Add the nutmeg and cover the fruit with the mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Serve with heavy cream, softly whipped.