Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A great fall dessert
- 3 apples
- lemon, juice of
- 1 (10 ounce) bag frozen raspberries
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup butter, but in pieces
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- heavy cream
- Heat oven to 375.
- Peel and core apples, cut into 8-10 slices.
- Arrange in a buttered shallow baking dish.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over them.
- Drain raspberries.
- Sprinkle raspberries over apples.
- Mix flour and sugar in a bowl, cut in butter with fingers until crumbly.
- Add the nutmeg and cover the fruit with the mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Serve with heavy cream, softly whipped.
I used granny smith apples and the frozen berries I used were a mix of raspberries, boysenberries and blueberries. Not only did we have the cream but also some plain vanilla ice cream, yum!! We all loved this very tasty dessert, thanks for posting.
This was really good. I used apples, raspberries and blackberries. We had it with ice cream. Yummy! I would leave out the nutmeg next time - just me, I'm not that crazy over nutmeg.
I have an alternate version of this that I whipped up last night. I used a package of frozen rhubarb in place of the apples and a package of strawberries in place of the raspberries. I also eliminated the lemon juice. I guess this would be Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble.