Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A fall, or anytime favorite that's topped with vanilla ice cream or lightly sweetened whipped cream. From bon Appetit
- 236.59 ml packed golden brown sugar
- 14.79 ml all-purpose flour, plus
- 118.29 ml all-purpose flour
- 1133.98 g granny smith apples, peeled,quartered,cored,thinly sliced (about 5 large)
- 236.59 ml frozen unsweetened raspberries (unthawed)
- 118.29 ml old fashioned oats
- 7.39 ml ground cinnamon
- 1.23 ml salt
- 88.74 ml chilled unsalted butter, diced
- vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix 1/2 cup golden brown sugar and 1 tablespoon flour in large bowl.
- Add apple slices and frozen raspberries and toss to coat.
- Transfer apple and raspberry filling to 8x8x2-inch glass baking dish.
- Mix oats, cinnamon, salt and re-maining 1/2 cup golden brown sugar and 1/2 cup flour in medium bowl.
- Add chilled butter and rub in with fingertips until moist clumps form.
- Sprinkle oat topping evenly over filling.
- Bake crisp until apples are tender and oat topping is golden brown and firm, about 1 hour.
- Cool 15 minutes.
- Serve crisp warm or at room temperature.
- Scoop into bowls; top with ice cream or whipped cream.
Very easy to make. Wonderful crisp...will make again for sure!!
This is soooooo good. I loved the crisp, sweet, spicy oatmeal topping and the tender, tart apples & raspberries. The crisp smelled incredible while baking and tasted even better. I will be making this again and again, thank you so much for sharing Bev.