Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This delicious dessert can be on the table in only 20 minutes. While this recipe makes a quick dessert for two, you can easily scale it upwards.
- 1 tart green apple, peeled, cored, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1⁄2 cup fresh raspberry
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss apple and raspberries with lemon juice and zest in small bowl.
- Mix flour and brown sugar in another small bowl; work in butter with pastry blender or your fingers until crumbly. Add 2 T. flour mixture to fruit and toss to combine.
- Transfer fruit to 2 individual grating dishes and sprinkle remaining flour mixture over tops.
- Bake until browned, about 10 minutes. Serve hot.
This is a nice dessert. I made this gluten free using a homemade gluten free all-purpose flour mixture. I used a granny smith apple and had no problem with the cooking time. I ate this with Balkan (thick) plain yogurt. I may make again.
Yum, yum, yum, this was nice. I used the one and only bramley apple on my tree, so it was a good feeling sitting down to eat this. You get quite a lot of dessert for not a lot of trouble, so easy to put together. I did cook it 5mins longer but I did it in one dish so that is probably why. Very nice indeed and I will make it again, the raspberries in it made a nice change. Made for breast awareness 09
This was a pretty good dessert. I doubled the recipe. I ended up baking this for 20 minutes because the top was not browned until then. Once we tried it I still thought it should have cooked for longer because the apples were still pretty crunchy. I did cut them the right size, so maybe they are supposed to be crunchy, but we prefer them soft. If I make it again I'd bake for at least 30 minutes. I served it with vanilla ice cream. Made for zaar tag 1-2-3 hit wonders.