Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe just popped in my head and I made it. It turned out very good! Worth a try!
- 1⁄2 cup boiled water
- 3 egg whites or 9 tablespoons egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 cored peeled sliced apples (pref. golden)
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry diet soda
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Add apples to (boiling, medium heat) water.
- Whip whites and Splenda till peaked (fluffy). If using machine, use medium speed.
- When apples are mushed (approx 10 minutes), drain 1/4 cup of the water, and set in freezer to cool.
- Whip whites mixture while slowly adding the Diet Rite as you whip.
- Continue till fluffy pink mixture.
- Let white/soda mixture sit for approx 3-5 minutes.
- Drain the soda that collects at the bottom of the bowl (from the white/soda mixture), set aside in bowl (will be used again).
- Slowly add half the apples while mixing (with small spatula) the egg/soda mixture.
- Mix the remaining apples and soda together; put in the bottom of a slightly greased pan.
- On top of the apples/soda, layer on the white/soda mixture evenly.
- Pop in the oven for approx 15-20 minutes, or until top of the fluff is just barely golden (note: it will be very jiggly when removed from oven, let sit for 5 minutes and then put in fridge to cool). Enjoy!