Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 8 ounces broad egg noodles, broken up
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped apple
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Cook noodles as directed.
- Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Combine nuts, apples, raisins and spices together.
- Beat egg yolks with butter, sugar and salt until well blended.
- Fold the egg yolk mixture into the noodles, then fold in the nut/apple/raisin/spice mixture.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Fold into the noodle mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.