Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
From a bed and breakfast. Good muffins that stays moist.
Make and share this Apple Raisin Walnut Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups peeled diced apples, about 1 large granny smith
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray 12 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl with electric mixer, beat oil, applesauce, and sugar together for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat 1 minute.
- In another bowl, stir together flours, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Fold in diced apple, raisins, and chopped walnuts.
- Add dry ingredients to oil mixture.
- Stir just until combined.
- Do not overmix.
- Fill muffin cups.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until done.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes, then cool on wire rack.
I made these muffins and they are excellent! Everyone loved them. The only modification I made was to use 1 apple processed through the blender in lieu of apple sauce, since I did not t have applesauce handy when I started. I also sprinkled some chopped walnuts on the top and a little turbinado sugar for sparkle. I'll be making ore than a dozen next time.
Wonderful! Used whole wheat pastry flour for the white flour, Splenda for the sugar & used applesauce for the oil. I also increased the cinn to 1 tsp. I left out the walnuts & raisins-I don't like them but I found that the apples were more enough flavor & quantity. Very yummy; thank you!
These were way more then good... I have been trying different recipes for muffins and this was by far the best. My daughter even asked for the recipe which she seldom does. I followed the directions exactly.. my apples must have been small because it took two for 1 1/2 cups. I loved having them in chunks instead of just applesauce. I filled the muffin tins to the top and there was just enough for 12. Great recipe.. thanks