Recipe by Martina
From a bed and breakfast. Good muffins that stays moist.
Top Review by Sofia S.
I made these muffins and they are excellent! Everyone loved them. The only modification I made was to use 1 apple processed through the blender in lieu of apple sauce, since I did not t have applesauce handy when I started. I also sprinkled some chopped walnuts on the top and a little turbinado sugar for sparkle. I'll be making ore than a dozen next time.
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups peeled diced apples, about 1 large granny smith
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray 12 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl with electric mixer, beat oil, applesauce, and sugar together for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat 1 minute.
- In another bowl, stir together flours, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Fold in diced apple, raisins, and chopped walnuts.
- Add dry ingredients to oil mixture.
- Stir just until combined.
- Do not overmix.
- Fill muffin cups.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until done.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes, then cool on wire rack.