Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Cook time includes the cooling time.
- 1 tablespoon extra-light vegetable oil spread (in sticks)
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups quaker squares-brown sugar cereal
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed dried apple, slices cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- In a 4 quart microwavable bowl, microwave oil spread on High for 10 seconds or until melted.
- Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon; microwave 10-15 seconds.
- Add cereal, stir well.
- Add apples and raisins and mix until well coated.
- Spread on waxed paper lined baking sheet and cool completely.
- Store tightly covered up to 1 week.
I couldn't find apples with all of the other dried fruit at my grocery. I headed over to the baby aisle and picked up some of the dried apple bits there. SOOO good and I didn't have the extra hassle of cutting them up. :D This went to my kindergartener's class for the daily snack and they loved it! Thanks!
My family really enjoyed this snack. I will be making it for my girls lunchboxes often. Thanks!
I picked this recipe for a snack for my son's lunch. I decided that since it was a microwave recipe, he could make and I would supervise him. He's 9 and I'm starting to teach him how to cook. I don't like my son to have to much sugar, so I bought some wheat squares at the bulk barn. I did have to add more margarine to coat the cereal as this is more absorpant (sp??) that the quaker squares cereal. It made up very well after that and is now cooling to be packed up for his lunches. It was super simple to make and with the modifications it's something that I will make again. Again, I will use the sugarless cereal.