Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adopted recipe.These are nice and tender. I think the added sugar on the top makes them just right. You could probably mix the confectioners sugar with a little water to make a glaze for them too.
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup apple, peeled, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 4 -5 tablespoons apple juice, Cold or 4 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 deg F.
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Cut in shortening as you would for a pie crust.
- Stir in apples and raisins.
- Add enough juice to make a stiff dough.
- On floured surface, roll dough about 1/2" thick.Apprx. 8 in circle.
- Cut into triangles and bake on cookie sheet for 20-25 minutes, or until light brown.
- Remove from oven and dust with 1 TBsp confectioners sugar.
- Let cool.
- Separte triangles.
Turned out wonderful! Probably needs just a little more sugar though, maybe 1 tablespoon more (for the original recipe). I'd add some more cinnamon for a stronger flavour too. Tastes amazing with apple jam :-)
I love these! They're quick to whip up and a nice breakfast treat.