Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 large apples, cored and cut into 1/3 " thick slices
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup apricot jam
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large non-stick skiller.
- Add apple slices.
- Cook, tossing occasionally for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cook and keep stirring for about 3 minutes until sauce thickens slightly.
- Serve warm over pancakes, waffles, French toast or hot cereal.
Really good!! ...sort of a cross between applesauce and vegetarian mincemeat! I made two servings, and used a large Granny Smith apple (with the peel left on); then served it over slightly sweetened plain yogurt. Yum!! Next time I'll try it on pancakes or French toast. This recipe's definitely a keeper! Thanks so much for sharing it, Charishma Ramchandani!! (Tagged, made, and reviewed for Healthy Choices ABC Game.)