Recipe by Sage
Wonderful addition to your picnic.
Top Review by Sassy in da South
What a delicious salad. I used pecans as my selection of nuts. Also, I cheated a bit and bought the premix slaw, which had red & green cabbage and some carrots. (I had a lot of dishes to make and needed short cuts where I could find them). Everyone gave this one the big "thumbs up" at our BBQ. So it's a keeper in my cookbook for sure. Made for ZWT4.
- 1⁄2 cup apple (Diced)
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup nuts (Chopped)
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1⁄8 cup orange rind (Grated)
- 1 -2 pinch paprika (To Taste)
- 1 -2 pinch pepper (To Taste)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup seedless raisin
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak raisins in hot water 10 minutes.
- Drain and chill.
- Mix cabbage, apples, raisins and nuts and chill.
- Mix Mayonnaise, salt, sugar, lemon juice, orange juice, pepper and paprika thoroughly.
- Toss with chilled vegetables & fruits.
- Sprinkle with grated orange rind.