Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Try this poured over a southern butter pound cake, or along side slices of country ham.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 4 granny smith apples, peeled and chopped
- Bring all ingredients to a boil in a large saucepan, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring frequently, 20 to 25 minutes, until apples are tender and mixture has thickened.