Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
From a cookbook I'm editing. I haven't tried it but I know one of you adventurous 'zaar-sters will!
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 medium granny smith apples, apples. peeled cored, thinly sliced
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 12 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded (about 3 cups)
- Fit pie pastry into a pie dish. Prick the bottom all over with a fork. Line with pie weights (or a piece of foil, then fill the foil with beans or rice). Bake at 400 degrees for 6 minutes. Remove foil or weights and bake for 10 minutes longer.
- Combine raisins, cinnamon and brown sugar in a small bowl. Arrange half of the apples in the pie crust. Cover with half of the raisin mixture. Repeat layers.
- Beat eggs with cream in a medium bowl. Pour over fruit layers. Top with cheese. Bake for 1 hour until top is browned and apples are tender. Cool 10 minutes before slicing.