Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Thisis an adopted recipe. I will post an intro after I make it.
- 9 medium apples (tart; firm)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins, soaked overnight in granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold
- 1 double crust (such as Brisse (recipe separate))
- Preheat oven to 400 deg.
- Roll out half the chilled pastry to a thickness of
- press into an 8-inch pie plate, and chill.
- Roll out remaining pastry with very sharp knife and make several vents in center.
- Place top pastry on parchment-lined baking sheet and chill.
- Put apple slices and raisins in a mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle with sugar, and toss to mix well.
- Pour this mixture into the chilled bottom crust and dot with butter.
- Carefully cover the apples with the top pastry, trim and crimp edges to seal.
- Bake 45-50 min.
- or until pastry is nicely browned and juices in center are bubbling.
- Let cool slightly on wire rack before serving.