Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
I have not made this pie but this sounds delicious. I plan on making this for Easter dinner, I can't wait. Just the thought of apple pie sounds great but then throw in the raisins.....superb. Let me know what you think, I know I can't wait.
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 cups apples, peeled and cored
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (9 inch) pastry for double-crust pie
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- Mix first 3 ingredients.
- Toss with apples and lemon juice.
- Add raisins.
- Toss again.
- Place in pastry lined pie plate.
- Dot with margarine.
- Cover with top crust.
- Seal and flute edge.
- Cut slits in top.
- Bake at 425 for 50 munutes until browned.
This is so very good. I used this recipe for my guests and they all loved it. I will save this one. Thanks for sharing it!
Oh where have you been all my life! Absolutely yummy ! Not too sweet, not too tart and ust enough raisins! Wow! What a delicious pie! Thanks Mommyoffour, for sharing this treat! Will make it often !