Perfect for a cool, crisp fall weekend. Not a quick and easy recipe but worth making the effort for a special occasion.
My Private Note
4inch p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups peeled cored and diced apples
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Apple Cider Syrup
- 1To make Apple Cider Syrup: add the 1/2 cup sugar and cornstarch to a saucepan; stir to blend.
- 2Gradually add and stir in the apple cider.
- 3Add in the cinnamon stick; bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- 4Lower heat, cover, and cook for 10 minutes.
- 5Remove from the heat; sprinkle a litte ground nutmeg or fresh grated nutmeg over the top.
- 6Take out the cinnamon stick before serving.
- 7To make the pancakes: Sift the flours, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt into a big mixing bowl.
- 8Add in the apples and raisins; toss to coat.
- 9In another bowl, add the buttermilk, egg yolks, butter and vanilla; stir to blend.
- 10In yet another bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- 11Combine the buttermilk mixture with the dry ingredients; stir just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- 12Add the egg whites and fold in gently until just blended.
- 13Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- 14Spray with non-stick cooking spray or brush with a light film of vegetable oil.
- 15Pour 1/4 cup batter into skillet; change heat to medium-low.
- 16Cook until the tops are covered with small bubbles and bottoms are golden brown.
- 17Flip pancake (carefully) and cook until lightly browned on the other side.
- 18Repeat with remaining batter.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple-Raisin Pancakes with Apple Cider Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (1915 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 105.2
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 29.8 mg
- Sodium 180.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 2.7 g