Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another recipe from Grandmas favorite casseroles.
- 1 large baking apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 118.29 ml golden raisin
- 29.58 ml brown sugar (packed)
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 158.51 ml milk
- 158.51 ml all-purpose flour
- 29.58 ml butter (melted) or 29.58 ml margarine (melted)
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 deg. F. Spray 9 inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine apple, raisins, brown sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl. Transfer to prepared pie plate.
- Bake, uncovered, 10 - 15 minutes or until apple begins to soften. Remove from oven. Increase temperature to 450 deg. F.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs, milk, flour and butter in medium bowl until blended. Pour batter over apple mixture.
- Bake 15 minutes or until pancake is golden brown. Invert onto serving dish. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.
This was quite good! My husband loves a sweet treat with his morning coffee, and I'm always looking for something new to try. I did tinker a bit with this recipe: I added chopped walnuts to the fruit mixture, and to the batter I added a dash of vanilla and baking powder to insure that it puffed up.