Recipe by mewmew
Another recipe from Grandmas favorite casseroles.
Top Review by La Dilettante
This was quite good! My husband loves a sweet treat with his morning coffee, and I'm always looking for something new to try. I did tinker a bit with this recipe: I added chopped walnuts to the fruit mixture, and to the batter I added a dash of vanilla and baking powder to insure that it puffed up.
- 1 large baking apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (packed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted) or 2 tablespoons margarine (melted)
- powdered sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 deg. F. Spray 9 inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine apple, raisins, brown sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl. Transfer to prepared pie plate.
- Bake, uncovered, 10 - 15 minutes or until apple begins to soften. Remove from oven. Increase temperature to 450 deg. F.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs, milk, flour and butter in medium bowl until blended. Pour batter over apple mixture.
- Bake 15 minutes or until pancake is golden brown. Invert onto serving dish. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.