Recipe by Donna Luckadoo
Around the Holidays ( Easter, Thanksgiving or Christmas ) this is one of my family's favorites. We hope you like it too!
Top Review by Bayhill
This cake was delicious! It went together very quickly and easily. It has all of the things that I love in a spice cake...it was moist, fruity, and spicy. My family gave this 2 thumbs up!! Thanks Donna for sharing this wonderful recipe...it is definitely a keeper.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups wheat flour (or use 3 cups of All Purpose)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup molasses or 1⁄2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (soak in Orange juice)
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced fuji apples
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (optional) or 1⁄2 cup walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375* next Grease and flour a Bundt pan.
- Except for the Sugar, Sift Dry Ingredients together into a large mixing bowl. Add Sugar, beaten Eggs, Applesauce, Molasses, Orange juice, Raisins, Apples and Nuts. Batter should be thick.
- Pour Batter into the bundt pan and Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cake cool, remove from pan and sprinkle with powdered sugar or make a glaze.