Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Around the Holidays ( Easter, Thanksgiving or Christmas ) this is one of my family's favorites. We hope you like it too!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups wheat flour (or use 3 cups of All Purpose)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup molasses or 1⁄2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (soak in Orange juice)
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced fuji apples
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (optional) or 1⁄2 cup walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375* next Grease and flour a Bundt pan.
- Except for the Sugar, Sift Dry Ingredients together into a large mixing bowl. Add Sugar, beaten Eggs, Applesauce, Molasses, Orange juice, Raisins, Apples and Nuts. Batter should be thick.
- Pour Batter into the bundt pan and Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cake cool, remove from pan and sprinkle with powdered sugar or make a glaze.
This cake was delicious! It went together very quickly and easily. It has all of the things that I love in a spice cake...it was moist, fruity, and spicy. My family gave this 2 thumbs up!! Thanks Donna for sharing this wonderful recipe...it is definitely a keeper.