Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This recipe is one of my all-time favorites!:)
Make and share this Apple-Raisin Noodle Bake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb wide egg noodles (must be egg noodles!)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar (or to taste)
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 pint sour cream
- 6 eggs, SEPARATED
- 1 cup raisins
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups apples, peeled, chopped (or sliced)
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened (for topping)
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup dark brown sugar (for topping)
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Cook noodles with 2 teaspoons salt in boiling water; drain very well, and toss with 6 tablespoons butter in a large bowl while still warm.
- In a mixer bowl, beat the cream cheese and 1 cup sugar (or to taste) until light.
- Add in the cottage cheese and sour cream; mix well.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks well; add to the cream mixture with the cinnamon; mix well.
- Pour this mixture over the egg noodles in the bowl; mix to combine.
- Mix in the chopped (or sliced) apples and raisins; mix well.
- In a bowl beat the 6 egg whites until stiff; with a spatula, fold the egg whites into the noodle mixture.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- While casserole is baking: in a small bowl, mix together the 1/3 cup butter and 1/4-1/3 cup brown sugar.
- After 45 minutes of baking, remove the casserole, and sprinkle the butter/brown sugar mix over top of casserole.
- Return to oven and bake another 45 minutes (1-1/2 hours in all).