Recipe by Old widow
Old-fashioned apple loaves - this was my grannies recipe. I make it often in the fall.
Top Review by IngridH
This is a lovely snack cake. I made half of the recipe in a regular loaf pan, and the other half I divided between 4 mini loaf pans. I really liked the flavor, and the house smelled heavenly while these were baking! Next time I will add a bit more vanilla and cinnamon, and I might try adding dried cranberries. Thanks for posting a wonderful treat!
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped unpared cooking apples
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1⁄3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 2⁄3 cup chopped nuts
- 2⁄3 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 2 loaf pans.
- Beat eggs, oil, apples, sugar and vanilla on low speed with electric mixer, 1 minute.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder,salt, cinnamon and cloves.
- Beat on low speed, scraping bowl occasionally, until moistened, about 15 seconds.
- Beat on medium speed 45 seconds.
- Stir in nuts and raisins.
- Spread in pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes, remove from pans.
- Cool completely before slicing.