Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a moist healthy treat! Try with cream cheese spread on a slice delish!
Make and share this Apple Raisin Honey Wheat Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 large apples, cored and each cut in 8 slices and then cut thin width wise
- 1 1⁄4 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a mixing bowl combine whole wheat flower, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and sugar.
- In a separate bowl combine the dark brown sugar, Egg whites, butter, honey, and milk.
- With a mixer combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients on medium low speed for 15 seconds then add the apple pieces and raisins and mix on same speed for additional 25 seconds. Batter should be lumpy with apples and raisins but moist looking. Spray a large loaf pan with non stick baking spray before putting batter in oven at 350 for 50 minutes knife should come out clean when inserted in center of loaf to know its done. Enjoy!