Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a moist healthy treat! Try with cream cheese spread on a slice delish!
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 large apples, cored and each cut in 8 slices and then cut thin width wise
- 1 1⁄4 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a mixing bowl combine whole wheat flower, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and sugar.
- In a separate bowl combine the dark brown sugar, Egg whites, butter, honey, and milk.
- With a mixer combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients on medium low speed for 15 seconds then add the apple pieces and raisins and mix on same speed for additional 25 seconds. Batter should be lumpy with apples and raisins but moist looking. Spray a large loaf pan with non stick baking spray before putting batter in oven at 350 for 50 minutes knife should come out clean when inserted in center of loaf to know its done. Enjoy!
Followed your recipe right on down, & we loved your wheat bread, but then a combo of apples & raisins is always wonderful in my book! Another time, however, I might add a bit of chopped nuts to the mix! Still, however it's done, your bread recipe is a great new find for me! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block recipe tag]