Recipe by Pinaygourmet #345142
A simple but elegant way to make breakfast fast. Put together the night before, and bake while you're in the shower. Note: Will require at least 2 hours of soaking, but I am not adding this to the prep time.
- 1 loaf cinnamon raisin bread, cubed (1 pound)
- 224 g cream cheese, diced
- 125 g diced peeled apples
- 8 eggs
- 590 ml half-and-half cream
- 85 g butter, melted
- 60 ml maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange 1/2 of the cubed raisin bread in the bottom of the dish.
- Sprinkle the cream cheese evenly over the bread, and top with the apples. If you like extra raisins, add them now.
- Top with remaining bread.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the cream, butter, and maple syrup.
- Pour over the bread mixture. Cover with plastic wrap, and press down so that all bread pieces are soaked. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.