Prep 12 mins
Cook 25 mins
Goes together easy. A great casserole dessert.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 6 cups peeled, sliced apples
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Combine egg and milk.
- Add all at once to dry ingredients.
- Stir just until moistened.
- Set aside.
- In sauce pan combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and ginger.
- Stir in water and raisins.
- Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in apples, lemon juice and butter.
- Cook till apples are hot, about 5 minutes.
- Put into 2 quart casserole.
- Drop topper in mounds atop hot fruit.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400* until lightly browned, about 25 minutes.
I'm not sure why, but this just didnt work out like your other apple cobbler recipe. I won't be making this again