Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a Sandra Lee recipe. I am going to post exactly as she did. The second time I made it I used 2 cups sliced Granny Smith apples, the entire 16 ounce loaf of raisin bread and elimated the almonds, extra raisins and rum extract. I also did not make the sauce, we were less than impressed with the sauce, the pudding is awesome.
- 2 (1 ounce) packets instant maple and brown sugar oatmeal
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 1⁄2 cups raisin bread, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 cup apple pie filling
- 1 cup almonds
- 1⁄2 cup cream soda
- 1 (8 ounce) package Dream Whip topping mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- In a blender grind instant oatmeal to a fine powder.
- Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, rum extract, salt and brown sugar.
- Fold in raisin bread, raisins, pie filiing, almonds and oatmeal powder until bread cubes are moistened.
- Set aside for one hour.
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray(I used a liner bag and sprayed it well.
- Add bread mixture.
- Cook on high for 2 hours or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk together until thickened.
- Top bread pudding with a dollop of sauce.