3 hrs 15 mins
This is a Sandra Lee recipe. I am going to post exactly as she did. The second time I made it I used 2 cups sliced Granny Smith apples, the entire 16 ounce loaf of raisin bread and elimated the almonds, extra raisins and rum extract. I also did not make the sauce, we were less than impressed with the sauce, the pudding is awesome.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (1 ounce) packets instant maple and brown sugar oatmeal
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 1/2 cups raisin bread, cubed
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup apple pie filling
- 1 cup almonds
- 1In a blender grind instant oatmeal to a fine powder.
- 2Set aside.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, rum extract, salt and brown sugar.
- 4Fold in raisin bread, raisins, pie filiing, almonds and oatmeal powder until bread cubes are moistened.
- 5Set aside for one hour.
- 6Spray slow cooker with cooking spray(I used a liner bag and sprayed it well.
- 7Add bread mixture.
- 8Cook on high for 2 hours or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- 10Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- 11Whisk together until thickened.
- 12Top bread pudding with a dollop of sauce.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple-Raisin Bread Pudding With Cream Soda Sauce - Sandra Lee
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 627.8
- Calories from Fat 312
- Total Fat 34.7 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 122.8 mg
- Sodium 591.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 48.1 g
- Protein 15.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: