Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe that my daughter loves. You can include dried apricots rather than the raisins and if you use egg whites, it makes it a bit lower in fat.
- Combine bread, raisins (or apricots) in a large bowl.
- Add the hot milk and sugar.
- Mix thoroughly and let stand 20-30 minutes.
- Add beaten egg, cinnamon and vanilla and mix inches.
- Pour into a 1 1/2 quart sprayed casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered 45 minutes to 1 hour until set and slightly browned at 350oF.