Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe that my daughter loves. You can include dried apricots rather than the raisins and if you use egg whites, it makes it a bit lower in fat.
- 4 cups bread cubes
- 2 cups skim milk, hot
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup raisins or 1⁄2 cup diced dried apricot
- 2 medium apples, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 egg whites or 2 eggs
- vegetable spray such as Pam cooking spray
- Combine bread, raisins (or apricots) in a large bowl.
- Add the hot milk and sugar.
- Mix thoroughly and let stand 20-30 minutes.
- Add beaten egg, cinnamon and vanilla and mix inches.
- Pour into a 1 1/2 quart sprayed casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered 45 minutes to 1 hour until set and slightly browned at 350oF.