1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 5 mins
Got this recipe off a box of Meijer brand raisin bran. Made it for the family & received rave reviews.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups Raisin Bran cereal
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped peeled apples (about 2 small)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Grease 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- 3Combine raisin bran cereal, milk, applesauce, eggs and vanilla. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- 4Stir to break up cereal. Stir in apples and walnuts.
- 5Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
- 6Add cereal mixture all at once to flour mixture and stir just until moistened.
- 7Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- 8Bake 60 to 65 minutes or until tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- 9Let cool 15 minutes before removing from pan.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple-Raisin Bran Bread
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.3
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 218.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 20.3 g
- Protein 6.1 g