Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A delicious apple treat.
Make and share this Apple-Raisin Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups golden delicious apples, diced
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Liberally coat a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, blend together sugar, eggs, butter and vanilla for 3 minutes or until smooth.
- Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture; mix for 2 minutes or until just incorporated.
- Stir in diced apples and raisins and spread into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars and serving.
This is very straightforward to make and tasted lovely!
These were delicious!! My 3 year old devoured it, and keeps asking for more! I used 1 c. all purpose flour and 1 c. ww flour, and they tasted wonderful! When they were baking, my house smelled like one of those really nice apple cinnamon candles, I will make these again, made for Kid Friendly tag game Jan 2009. Thanks Lainey!