1 hr 15 mins
Source: Shopper's Newsletter
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 pastry for double-crust pie (or use Pillsbury ready-made crusts)
- 4 cups apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups quinces, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar (or use 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup white sugar)
- 2 tablespoons green chili peppers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1Preheat oven to 450-degrees F.
- 2Roll out one half of the pastry and place in 9-inch pie dish.
- 3In a bowl, combine next 6 ingrediens (apples-vanilla).
- 4In another bowl combine dry ingredients (salt-flour). Add flour mixture to fruit and toss to combine.
- 5Spoon filling into pastry-lined pie dish. Drizzle with butter.
- 6Roll out remaining crust and place over filling. Crimp edges and cut slits in pastry. Place on cookie sheet.
- 7Bake for 10 minutes in preheated oven.
- 8Reduce oven temperature to 375-degrees F. Bake for an additional 45 minutes or until crust is golden.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Quince Pie
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 587.8
- Calories from Fat 326
- Total Fat 36.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 655.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 25.6 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: