Recipe by ellie_
Source: Shopper's Newsletter
Top Review by awalde
WOW! I'm really glad I tried out your pie, as it was really delicious.
The missing sugar to the recipe has been added and now the recipe is really perfect. I hope you will get more reviews!
I know, many people never tried quinces, but if they will try your recipe they sure will love them!
Thanks a lot for your recipe.
- 1 pastry for double-crust pie (or use Pillsbury ready-made crusts)
- 4 cups apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups quinces, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (or use 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup white sugar)
- 2 tablespoons green chili peppers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450-degrees F.
- Roll out one half of the pastry and place in 9-inch pie dish.
- In a bowl, combine next 6 ingrediens (apples-vanilla).
- In another bowl combine dry ingredients (salt-flour). Add flour mixture to fruit and toss to combine.
- Spoon filling into pastry-lined pie dish. Drizzle with butter.
- Roll out remaining crust and place over filling. Crimp edges and cut slits in pastry. Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes in preheated oven.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375-degrees F. Bake for an additional 45 minutes or until crust is golden.