Recipe by Aroostook
This recipe is from Yankee magazine. A wonderful dish for a fall brunch. Place sliced apples in a spiral in the pie shell for a finished look.
Top Review by emily hauer
I made this for my christmas eve supper. It was scrumptious but I think next time I make it I'll use fewer apples and more custard to make it more like a quiche and less like an apple pie.
- 5 -6 large granny smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the apples in the pie shell.
- Sprinkle apples with cheese.
- In a small bowl, mix together the rest of the ingredient.
- Pour mixture over the apples.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving warm, or serve chilled.
- Top with sweetened whipped cream flavored with vanilla and cinnamon.