Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are a lower fat alternative to apple crepes and are quite yummy. True apple lovers will enjoy these on thier own, but they are also yummy with carmel sauce or vanilla ice cream on top. From the moosewood cookbook
- 5 -8 crispin apples or 5 -8 other medium tart apples (8 cups of 1/4 inch slices, peeled and cored)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 6 wheat flour tortillas (8 or 9 inch size)
- vegetable oil or cooking spray
- In a large bowl toss lemon juice, cinnamon and apples.
- Melt butter in a deep skillet, stri in apples and cover and cook on medium heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Until cooked but still retaining their shape.
- stir in the maple syrup and set aside.
- warm a lightly oiled, nonstick skillet on high heat.
- Place a tortilla in the skillet and heat for one or two minutes.
- Flip and place one cup of capples on one half and cook for another 2 minutes, just until the tortilla is lightly crispy and browned.
- Fold in half and transer for a warm plate.
- Repeat for 5 more tortillas.