Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a fluffly winter dessert, which makes yummy apples the star of the show. Of course, you could make this anytime of the year, if you like a nice warm dessert. It goes great with vanilla ice-cream, custard or whipped cream I hope youll enjoy it! :)
- 2 small apples, sliced thinly
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 pinch salt
- 7 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar (or use 1 drop of vanilla essence and 1 tbs more sugar)
- 250 g Quark (or use mascarpone cheese)
- 50 g semolina
- 3 tablespoons raisins (I used chocolate covered ones)
- Using your mixer beat egg whites and salt until nearly stiff. Add 2 tbs of the sugar and beat until stiff peaks have formed.
- In another bowl beat egg yolks, 3 tbs of the sugar and the vanilla sugar until creamy. Mix in quark and semolina. Then fold in egg whites and raisins carefully.
- Pour into 4 well greased ramekins of 10 cm (4 inches) in diameter. Stick the apple slices into the dough until nearly covered. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven at 180°C/350°F 30-35 minutes until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Enjoy with topping of your choice. :).
10 stars, Loula !! This is my sort of pud or breakfast even. Mine is fluffy and yum, eaten hot but I think on sitting i will be able to cut it like a cake which is wonderful. I doubled the recipe and subbed thick lemon yogurt for quark as no quark to be found here. I left out the raisins. I am mad on semolina and was heavy handed. This is not very sweet which suited me down to the ground too. FABULOUS !!