1/1 Photo of Apple Puree/Applesauce & Real Apple Juice (No Added Sugar)
Perfect Pixie's Note:
This may sound weird, but I love baby food, only certain types though, the yoghurts and fruit purees, and you know they have no rubbish so can eat them without the guilt, this is my favourite baby food. If you want to make more for storage, just add more apples and use required water. it also works great as an applesauce for pork if you don't puree it
My Private Note
- 1Peel, core and cut apple into slices/chunks.
- 2Place slices or chunks into a pan with just enough water to slightly cover apples.
- 3Boil/steam until tender.
- 4be sure to check on the water level and stir.
- 5Drain juice.
- 6Mash apples with a potato masher to achieve a smooth applesauce consistency.
- 7Place into your choice of appliance for pureeing and begin pureeing.
- 8Add the reserved water as necessary to achieve a smooth, thin puree.
- 9Add cereal (if desired) to thicken the applesauce.
- 10The remaining juice is your pure apple juice.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Puree/Applesauce & Real Apple Juice (No Added Sugar)
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 71.7
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 14.3 g
- Protein 0.3 g