Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This may sound weird, but I love baby food, only certain types though, the yoghurts and fruit purees, and you know they have no rubbish so can eat them without the guilt, this is my favourite baby food. If you want to make more for storage, just add more apples and use required water. it also works great as an applesauce for pork if you don't puree it
- Peel, core and cut apple into slices/chunks.
- Place slices or chunks into a pan with just enough water to slightly cover apples.
- Boil/steam until tender.
- be sure to check on the water level and stir.
- Drain juice.
- Mash apples with a potato masher to achieve a smooth applesauce consistency.
- Place into your choice of appliance for pureeing and begin pureeing.
- Add the reserved water as necessary to achieve a smooth, thin puree.
- Add cereal (if desired) to thicken the applesauce.
- The remaining juice is your pure apple juice.
Wonderfully simple, basic, and pure yumminess :) - Thanks Perfect Pixie (A +++++)