Prep 45 mins
Cook 9 hrs
From Taste of Home. Cooking time includes letting it sit overnight.
- 2 cups finely chopped peeled tart apples
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups canned pumpkin
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan saute apples and onion in butter for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour until blended.
- Gradually whisk in broth. Stir in pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes. Cool slightly.
- In a blender, cover and process soup in batches until smooth. Pour into a bowl, cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, transfer soup to a saucepan; cook over medium heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in apple juice, cream, salt and pepper; heat through.
DELICIOUS!!!!!!! It was amazing,and rich and delicious!
This is the BEST Apple Pumpkin soup I have ever had. I had my mom make this the other day and we had it for dinner 2 nights in a row! I'm definitely making this soup again next week :)