Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is a real kid pleaser and they love to help make it! You might want more icing to drizzle depending on how much you like.
- 2 (8 ounce) cans Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a 10-inch tube pan.
- In food processor, chop fruit filling by pulsing several times.
- Flatten each biscuit into a 5 to 6-inch circle.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons fruit filling onto each biscuit and seal edges to form a ball.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll each biscuit ball in sugar mixture. Make 2 rings of biscuits in tube pan and sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture.
- Bake for 55 minutes, covering biscuits with foil after 20 minutes of baking time.
- Cool on wire rack 5 minutes; loosen biscuits from edge of pan and remove from pan.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners sugar and milk; blend well.
- Drizzle over warm biscuits. Serve.
My husband absolutely adored this and wants to try it again with cherry filling next time. We actually made quite a few changes to fit this with what we had. I used 1 (16 ounce) can of jumbo buttermilk biscuits. I don't have a tube pan so we made this in a pie pan placing each ball of dough on the edges of inside the pie tin and by placing one of the balls of dough in the middle. I don't think I'll food-process the filling next time (one too many pulses). I think I'll just put one piece of fruit in each small round piece of dough. I must add that the 55 minutes of cooking time is very true. I thought it sounded too long but with the filling and everything it really does take that long to cook. One last thing that helped: by dabbing just a little water on the edges of the circular dough, it's easier to seal the edges of the dough into a ball. Fantastic recipe! Will be made again!
you saved me the trouble of posting this delicious recipe. isn't this wonderful. a definite 5 star!!!!