Recipe by Dienia B.
old recipe from darlene kossman she got this from mrs o.h. blessin in tilden ne i used some red hots instead of red food coloring very good dessert rich ,sweet
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red food coloring
- 1 1⁄2 lbs apples
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- boil together sugar and water and food coloring 5 minutes.
- use 8x12 " baking dish.
- slice and peel apples in dish.
- pour syrup over apples.
- mix up dough.
- sift dry ingredients.
- cut in shortening into flour mixture add milk.
- drop 12 spoonfuls of dough on apples.
- make dents in dough.
- and put dab of mixture on each one.
- use melted butter for topping mix with sugar and cinnamon.
- bake 25- 30 minutes at 350 degrees will still be saucy ,really rich and sweet.