1/5 Photos of Apple Puffed Pancake
This is a delightful breakfast treat. This can also be served as a dessert, simply by doubling the cinnamon and sugar used, and serving a la mode.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk, preferably organic
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 apples (such as Gala or Red Delicious, peeled, quartered, cored and thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- confectioners' sugar (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Combine eggs, milk and vanilla in the jar of a blender.
- 3Blend until well combined.
- 4Add flour, granulated sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg.
- 5Blend until dry ingredients are well incorporated, set aside.
- 6Place butter in a 9x13 inch glass baking dish.
- 7Transfer dish to oven and heat until butter has just melted.
- 8Carefully remove from oven and place apples in a single layer in baking dish.
- 9Return to oven and cook until butter begins to bubble, about 4 minutes.
- 10Pour batter over apples, sprinkle with brown sugar, and continue baking until puffed and golden, about 20 minutes.
- 11Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desired; serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Puffed Pancake
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 385.5
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 253.4 mg
- Sodium 304.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 16.5 g
- Protein 11.2 g