- 6 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk, preferably organic
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 apples (such as Gala or Red Delicious, peeled, quartered, cored and thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- confectioners' sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine eggs, milk and vanilla in the jar of a blender.
- Blend until well combined.
- Add flour, granulated sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg.
- Blend until dry ingredients are well incorporated, set aside.
- Place butter in a 9x13 inch glass baking dish.
- Transfer dish to oven and heat until butter has just melted.
- Carefully remove from oven and place apples in a single layer in baking dish.
- Return to oven and cook until butter begins to bubble, about 4 minutes.
- Pour batter over apples, sprinkle with brown sugar, and continue baking until puffed and golden, about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desired; serve immediately.