1/1 Photo of Apple Puff up Pancake
I found this recipe on relishmag.com. I haven't tried it yet but it sounds really good. I'll be making it with skim milk. Substituting peaches or pears for the apple would be good too. Time is estimate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450F and place rack in center of oven.
- 2Peel, core and slice apple.
- 3In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, flour and vanilla until smooth.
- 4Melt butter in a 10-inch cast iron or other ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Spread apples in pan and cook for 4 minutes. Turn apples and continue cooking 3 minutes.
- 5Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon over apples and cook another minute or until sugar begins to melt.
- 6Remove pan from heat, stir apples lightly to coat with sugar, and then top with batter.
- 7Bake 15 minutes at 450 degrees or until mixture puffs up and turns golden brown around edges.
- 8Remove from oven and cut into four wedges.
- 9Sprinkle with lemon juice and serve with a sprinkling of confectioners’ sugar.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Puff up Pancake
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.4
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 157.8 mg
- Sodium 121.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 20.8 g
- Protein 7.5 g