Recipe by Latchy
A different way to serve apple pie. I saw Iain Hewitson do this on TV.
Top Review by Ducky
These taste nice, somewhat like apple pie. I made these with my niece and she enjoyed painting the puff pastry, sprinkling on the sugar and allspice and placing the apples on the pastry. I baked at 350°F for about 20-25 minutes. I brushed the butter/sugar/spice onto the apples before baking. We cut each square into 4 and had bite-sized snacks.
- 1 sheet of ready rolled puff pastry
- 60 g butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons soft brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mixed spice
- 2 medium granny smith apples
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to moderately hot.
- Cut pastry into 4 squares, place on an oven tray.
- Combine butter, sugar and spice, brush half the mixture over pastry squares.
- Peel apples and cut into wedges, remove core.
- Cut apple into very thin slices, lay on top of pastry squares leaving a 1cm border.
- Brush squares with remaining butter mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until apple is tender and lightly golden.
- Cut each in half for serving.
- Can serve with ice-cream, cream or custard.