Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Served with vanilla icecream or whipped cream this is a high impact dessert! Definitely not for those on a low cholesterol diet, but worth every calorie!! Can also be made for brunch, just shake on a little icing sugar before serving instead of icecream/whipped cream.
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 lb butter
- 3 apples, peeled,cored and sliced thin
- In an oven proof 12" quiche/flan style dish (straight sides), melt the butter over low heat.
- Add apples and cook slightly in butter.
- Put eggs, milk, flour, sugar, vanilla, salt and cinnamon in a blender.
- Combine on high until smooth.
- Batter can be made ahead and then kept in fridge until ready to make dessert.
- Pour batter over sauteed apples.
- Bake@ 425 for 20 minutes (place on a cookies sheet in case it spills over) Serve warm in wedges with vanilla icecream or whipped cream.