Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
another recipe from the 2010 taste of home contest winning cookbook. this was really good.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 dash salt
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- walnuts, toasted (optional)
- place butter in a 10 inch ovenproof skillet.
- place in a 425 degree oven, just until melted.
- in a large bowl, beat the flour, eggs, milk and salt until smooth.
- leaving 1 tablespoon melted butter in the skillet, stir the remaining butter into the batter.
- pour the batter into the hot skillet.
- bake for 15-20 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- meanwhile, in a small saucepan, warm pie filling over low heat until heated through.
- pour into center of puff pancake.
- sprinkle with walnuts, if desired.
- serve immediately.