Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
another recipe from the 2010 taste of home contest winning cookbook. this was really good.
Make and share this Apple Puff Pancake recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 dash salt
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- walnuts, toasted (optional)
- place butter in a 10 inch ovenproof skillet.
- place in a 425 degree oven, just until melted.
- in a large bowl, beat the flour, eggs, milk and salt until smooth.
- leaving 1 tablespoon melted butter in the skillet, stir the remaining butter into the batter.
- pour the batter into the hot skillet.
- bake for 15-20 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- meanwhile, in a small saucepan, warm pie filling over low heat until heated through.
- pour into center of puff pancake.
- sprinkle with walnuts, if desired.
- serve immediately.