Super quick and easy. Can be a sweet breakfast or a fast dessert. Good Food Magazine, October 1986.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed (or maple sugar)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup thinly sliced pared apple
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. Coat bottom and side of 10-inch heavy skillet with 2 T. butter.
- Whisk eggs, milk, flours, brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon in mixing bowl until completely blended. Stir in apples. Pour into skillet and spread apples evenly.
- Bake until puffed and golden, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar and serve at once.
Made as written for your 2nd Football Pool win (except I used a 9-in sq non-stick baking pan). This was an easy-fix, tasty & served for a family breakfast w/bacon, fruit & scrambled eggs on-the-side. My only issue was the # of servings. There were 4 of us & I felt I needed to stretch the meal since it stated it served 2. Cut in quarters, the 4.5 in sq serving size was generous, would have been best w/just bacon + fruit & 4 servings will improve the nutritional data. That said, it was enjoyed by all. Congrats on your 2nd FP win & thx for sharing this recipe w/us.
Totally delicious and so easy. I doubled this recipe and I am so glad I did. I used 3 diced apples and 3 eggs. It would be marvellous served with cream but I resisted this particular temptation . I cooked mine for about 30 minutes due to the larger size.
Oh yummy!! I made this for a sweet breakfast. After reading Boomette's review, I decided to turn the oven temp down to 400 degrees and then cooked it for about 25 minutes, but would recommend 20 minutes, as I got a phone call and was distracted so I let it cook longer than planned, but it was still wonderful. I only made 1/2 of the recipe, which was a good large serving size. I used the full amount of brown sugar and would do so again. I didn't have any problems with it sticking to the pan, so maybe decreasing the oven temp. helped with mine. Definitely a recipe I would repeat!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for Sweet Traditions Tag.