Recipe by Moor Driver
My favourite weekend breakfast in autumn when the apples on our tree are ripe. Delicious drizzled with maple syrup.
Top Review by MamaMeag
I made this recipe for my son's special breakfast on his 5th birthday! It was such a hit! I added 1/2 the sugar, and upped the cinnamon to a full teaspoon (can't go wrong with cinnamon and apples) :)! I also incorporated a sliced pear with the apple! It was delicious, and made enough for 3 adults and two kids!! Thanks so much for posting this recipe. We will be using it often! :) **Just an update! I made this without the sugar, but did drizzle in some honey, and it was still wonderful!
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place a 12" skillet (with an oven-proof handle) in the oven to heat.
- Meanwhile, make the batter. In a medium sized bowl, use an electric hand mixer to beat eggs until frothy. Beat in flour, milk and salt on medium speed for about 1 minutes.
- Remove skillet from oven. Put butter in skillet and swirl until all of the butter has melted and coated the skillet.
- In a small bowl, mix the sugar and cinnamon. Toss with apple slices to coat.
- Arrange coated apple slices in skillet and pour the batter over. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes or until pancake is puffy and golden brown.
- Cut into quarters and serve.